12 June 2023
You still have a few days to participate in the 1st edition of the “Marcel Pagnol Short Story Contest” organized in Allauch, in partnership with Le Figaro.
In his childhood memories, Marcel Pagnol celebrated the bright hills of Allauch, his “fragrant desert”. It is therefore quite natural that the “Marcel Pagnol Short Story Contest” will take place in January 2022 in Allauch, in partnership with Le Figaro and local media.
The creation of such a national event is in line with the future Pagnol Museum, which will soon be built near the village within the Usine Électrique.
- News will be received until November 30, 2021 at the City Library or by email.
- Find the rules of the contest and the conditions of participation on www.allauch.com
The prizes will be awarded in January 2022 by a prestigious jury composed of personalities, writers and literary journalists gathered around :
- Daniel Picouly, writer, playwright, Prix Renaudot, president of the jury
- Nicolas Pagnol, grandson of Marcel Pagnol
- Floryse Grimaud, organizer
The jury will also include
- Lionel de Cala, Mayor of Allauch
- Jacqueline Fabre, deputy mayor of Allauch in charge of culture
- Mohammed Aissaoui, literary journalist at Le Figaro, writer, Renaudot Prize for essay
- Olga Bibiloni, head of the culture department of “La Provence
- René Frégni, writer crowned by numerous literary prizes
- Hervé Godard, journalist, columnist on France Bleu Provence
- Yan Lespoux, writer, specialist in short stories
- Jérémy Noé, literary journalist at “La Marseillaise
Let your imagination run wild by following the incipit written by Daniel Picouly and register for the first Marcel Pagnol short story contest in Allauch!
Information : Bernard Monge Public Library
04 91 10 49 30 – firstname.lastname@example.org