2 October 2023
The final selection for the Marcel Pagnol Prize 2023
The final selection for the Marcel Pagnol Prize 2023 includes the following seven titles:
- Et le jour sera pour moi comme la nuit – Françoise Grard (Maurice Nadeau)
- Fille en colère sur un banc de pierre – Véronique Ovaldé (Flammarion)
- Incendie blanc – Antoine Catel (Calmann-Lévy)
- Je me souviens de Falloujah – Fleurat Alani (JC Lattès)
- Les guerres précieuses- Perrine Tripier (Gallimard)
- Une magie ordinaire – Kossi Efoui (Seuil)
- Un garçon ordinaire – Joseph d’Anvers (Rivages)
The Marcel Pagnol Prize Jury
Presided over by Daniel Picouly, the jury is composed of:
Mohammed Aissaoui, Philippe Chauveau, Grégoire Delacourt, Franck Duval, Guy Goffette, Dominique Guiou, Karin Hann, Pascal Ory from the French Academy, Nicolas Pagnol, Jean-Noël Pancrazi, and Floryse Grimaud.
A theme: childhood memories dear to Marcel Pagnol
Since its creation in 2000, the Marcel Pagnol Prize has awarded each year a novel on the theme of childhood memories. This “literature of origins” is a turning point for almost all writers. Childhood, and what remains of it throughout life, are powerful sources of inspiration and creation.
The Marcel Pagnol Prize 2023 will once again be presented at the Fouquet’s Paris, a historic partner. On Monday, June 19th at 7pm, the beautiful salons of the first floor of this famous Parisian location, named after Raimu, where Marcel Pagnol liked to gather his troupe and friends, will be the site of the award ceremony.
The invitation will be signed by contemporary artist FKDL based on an original painting. The Marcel Pagnol Prize is endowed with 3000 euros by the Marcel Pagnol Endowment Fund.
You will also like:
27 September 2023